Coronavirus (COVID-19) -
Fire Break - https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions from 23rd October until the 9th November, Wales will be implementing a firebreak which are an additional set of restrictions to try and reduce the spread and impact of Coronavirus. The means:
- People must stay at home, except for very limited purposes, such as for exercise
- People must work from home wherever possible;
- People must not visit other households or meet other people they do not live with either indoors and outdoors
- No gatherings will be allowed outdoors, such as Halloween or fireworks/Bonfire night or other organised activities
- All non-food retail, hospitality businesses, including cafes, restaurants and pubs (unless they provide take-away or delivery services), close contact services, such as hairdressers and beauticians, and events and tourism businesses, such as hotels must close
- Community centres, libraries and recycling centres will be required to close
- Face coverings must be worn in indoor public spaces, which remain open, including on public transport and in taxis
Our school will be open to all pupils on 02.11.20 where we will continue to operate a cautious and proportionate approach with the wellbeing of pupils and staff at the centre. Our approach is summarised as follows:
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have COVID-19 symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school.
- Minimise contact between individuals wherever possible. For younger learners the emphasis will be on separating groups, and for older learners it will be on physical distancing where possible.
- Clean hands thoroughly more often than usual, ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach and promote effective ventilation.
- Continue enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach.
- Where necessary, in specific circumstances, wear appropriate PPE.
- Wear face coverings (staff and pupils aged 11 and over who are able to, in communal areas etc.).
- Engage with the Test, Trace, Protect (TTP) strategy.
- Manage confirmed cases of COVID-19 among the school community and contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
- The school will communicate directly with the school community in the event of a positive case within our school. This level of communication will quite rightly be differentiated depending on the closeness of the contact.
- As always, please do not publicise information on social media as this can easily be misinterpreted and cause un-intended anxiety. Any concerns or questions should be directed straight to the Headteacher or member of the Leadership Team
It is absolutely vital that school and home continue to work and communicate closely. A reminder of our communication strategy is as follows.
- Physical Letters – I will write to parents as often as needed and will print and send letters home with pupils
- Parentmail Email – In addition, I will ensure copies of letters and important information is emailed to parents via our Parentmail service. If you haven’t been receiving letters recently, it is likely there is a problem. Please contact Louise Langley who will sort this out for you
- Parentmail Texts – Short messages will be communicated by our parentmail texting service
- SeeSaw – Teachers will be communicating with you via SeeSaw. This is a great way to keep in touch directly with them and a brilliant way to see what your child has been up to in school. In the event of your child having to self-isolate, teachers will be setting work using SeeSaw. If you haven’t got this set up yet, please contact the teacher
- Twitter – we use Twitter to give general school updates and links to useful information
- Website – The school website is an effective place to find general school information e.g. Policies etc…Our COVID-19 Risk assessment is also updated on the website for you all to see. www.ysgoltycoch.co.uk
- Telephone – we will of course also be available by telephone during the school day and until 4pm in the evening.
Very best wishes
Headteacher, Ysgol Ty Coch