Coronavirus (COVID-19) -
Summer Childcare Provision - to access a place for summer childcare, please click on this link. https://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/Resident/EmergenciesSafetyandCrime/InformationforResidentsCoronavirus/SchoolClosuresandadviceforparents.aspx?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_content=Coronavirus. Please be aware that summer childcare is not being coordinated by YTC and will not be taking place within our building.
As per the education Minister’s announcement, schools will fully open in September to all pupils providing the Coronavirus remains under control. I am delighted with this announcement and we’re really looking forward to welcoming all pupils back. We have re-risk assessed the provision and I would like to reassure you that our approach will continue to be careful and cautious and will always prioritize safety of pupils and staff. The full risk assessment and planning documentation will be available on the school website throughout the summer.
The Education Minister announced that schools should aim to open to all pupils by 14 September 2020. The first 2 weeks of term is a ‘transition phase’ to allow schools to make plans to accommodate all pupils. Our plans are all in place and we will look to welcome all pupils back by Thursday 3 September albeit it with a few ‘flexible arrangements’ for the first two weeks detailed below.
- The first week of term (Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd September) will be comprised of 2 x Planning and Preparation Days. During these days we will be ensuring our risk assessments and procedures are fully understood by staff. We will also undertake mandatory safeguarding refresher training
- All pupils are able to return to school on Thursday 3 September although they have until 14th September to legally do so. If you or your child is nervous about returning to school, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will support you in whatever way possible.
- From Thursday 3 September to Friday 11 September, we will be operating slightly shorter days in order to ensure our transport arrangements are well organised and well controlled. We will continue to run 2 slots for arrival and collection.
- Slot 1 – 08:50 – 14:10
- Slot 2 – 09:15 – 14:35
- If you are transporting your child to/from school, you will be in slot 1 and will need to be at school 10 minutes before the allocated time. We would ask parents to park inside the school grounds in the designated bays. You will be directed by a member of staff. If you are transporting your child, please inform us ASAP by emailing - firstname.lastname@example.org
- From week beginning 14 September, we will revert to normal school times but will keep 2 transport slots. Further details will follow when we have analysed the effectiveness of the first 2 weeks.
Although not 100% confirmed at present, we are expecting transport to operate as it did before schools closed in March (i.e. at full capacity)
Throughout the course of the year, we will be taking a further 6 INSET days for essential staff training
**Medication - It is your responsibility to ensure that Medication is administered at home where possible. Where medication must be administered in school, you must communicate these requirements to the school nurse and Deputy Headteacher on Monday morning**
**Some pupils will be accessing work through Google Applications. Please be mindful to supervise their use/access in line with our online safety policy**
Very best wishes
Headteacher, Ysgol Ty Coch