External Services for Pupils with ALN
Welsh Government has recently published its intention to change the way children and young people with additional learning needs access support and entitlement. The following link should give parents as much information as is currently available. http://gov.wales/topics/educationandskills/schoolshome/pupilsupport/additoinal-learning-needs-reform/?lang=en
As I am sure you will be aware the ALN Bill proposes a complete overhaul of the system for supporting children and young people with additional learning needs, which will affect nearly every early years, school and further education setting in Wales. It is hoped that the Bill will
- create a single legislative system to support children and young people aged 0 to 25 who have additional learning needs (ALN)
- replace the terms special educational needs (SEN) and learning difficulties and/or disabilities with the term additional learning needs
- remove the current system of statementing and create a single statutory plan or IDP which will replace the existing range of statutory and non-statutory plans for learners
- ensure the views of learners and parents are considered throughout the planning process so that it is more collaborative and places the child or young person at the centre of everything
- encourage better collaboration between agencies, so that needs are identified early and the right support is put in place.
Hair Dressing for pupils with ALN
Please find below information from a hair salon who cater for people with Additonal Learning Needs.